Saturday, August 2, 2008

Iolanthe - Gilbert & Sullivan

They may have written their Operetta's over 100 years ago - but their humor has survived the test of time! Tonight was A's final performance after 3 weeks of Operetta Camp down at the Opera House. She was cast as Celia, one of the supporting roles. Although supporting - A's solo was the first of the show! How cool is that?

Celia, singing about life as a fairy.

The fairies Celia, Leila & Iolanthe make fun of the Peers.



I call the above photos "Giddy Fairies 1" and "Giddy Fairies 2". A is on the far right.


It wouldn't be Gilbert & Sullivan without a happy ending, and with everyone paired off! The above photos are from the finale song!


A Cast Photo


Goofy A, at the afterglow! No smiling photo - because the camera memory card filled up with this lovely photo!

Joy - I took all these with the Rebel on ISO 1600 with no flash. I think I'm keeping it! I'll call you - Don't cash the check until I make sure John has covered it!!! I still have lots to learn - and I think that with a little more know how - I can get even better photos than these... but I was a very happy photographer tonight!!

No comments: