Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Spider Proofing and Allergies....



This fancy set up is to protect my Diet Coke from crawling critters. I often start a Diet Coke one evening, and finish it the next morning (yes, I'm not too fussy about temperature - and Diet Coke stays pretty fizzy for a day or so). Yesterday, I reach for the DC on my desk, take a big swig and AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH.... there is something in my mouth that is most definitely NOT Diet Coke. I didn't actually ingest the extra protein, but in my convulsions and exclamations, I don't have any idea where the poor dead critter ended up. From now on, I'll be protecting my DC from unwanted intruders!


In other news.... meet the Hero and the Villian! After being on a Penicillin based antibiotic in March for a Sinus Infection, and then a short while later, going back onto Penicillin for my Root Canal... lo and behold, a lovely, itchy rash bloomed on my chest. I did have the presence of mind to stop taking the penicillin - but it took me another 2 weeks to drag myself to the Dr. when the rash didn't disappear.... in steps the hero "Prednisone" who will hopefully rid me of the itch. Oh, and no more Penicillin - ever. Next time the reaction might not be so mild!

No comments: