Friday, October 24, 2008

I am a ROCKIN' Halloween Mom

I'm just sayin'....

I've spent since this past Sunday working on this year's Halloween masterpeice at the request of my youngest daughter - who has been in a Halloween appliance phase since 4th grade...

Here she is as a washing machine in Fourth Grade:
At the end of 4th grade, she was in a production of Pinnochio. She talked us into letting her keep the block costume with "I'll turn it into a halloween costume!" So, for 5th grade, she opted to be a microwave oven:
Sixth grade was rough - it was her older sister's first year of High School and Marching Band, and Halloween got here without much opportunity for us to create a new masterpiece - but that was OK - A just got out the microwave costume again!!


But - 2 years as a microwave was more than enough... Plus - she wanted to attend the Middle School Halloween Dance (Which starts in less than an hour - thus my push to get this finished today!), and she wanted a killer costume for the contest. SO... she commissioned me to create for her a toast in a toaster costume! I think it turned out really really cool!! If you look really closely - you'll see that the toaster is just the microwave, repurposed into a toaster!


Happy Halloween All!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kate, these costumes are awesome! love the toast and toaster one! We also made Max his costume this year and we had so much fun. I have a few final touches to make this week for his. But his trial run was a riot as a red lego!