Friday, October 10, 2008

Meet Rosie...

RosieAffectionately named after the robot maid on the Jetsons, here's the newest member of my cleaning staff (cough, cough)!

Looking through the Costco catalog one night, I offhandedly mentioned to John that I thought that the Roomba was a great concept for cleaning challenged folks like myself that hate pulling out the vacuum.

Little did I know what sort of seed I had planted! I came home late the next evening, and while sitting and visiting with friends that had come back to watch some skating videos with us, I hear a very strange noise in the dining room... sure enough, my crazy husband had gone right out, and for no particular occasion, brought home Rosie!

I have become a HUGE fan of Rosie the Roomba - and my floors have NEVER been this consistently clean. She goes off every day at 11am and does the dining room and the kitchen. About twice a week, I red up the dog's toys and set her to work in the living room, and about once a week, we send her down the hall.

She fits under the couches - so even the dust bunnies have no refuge!! The first few times in the living room, I was astounded at the amount of pet hair, because Mo doesn't really seem to shed a lot (not like other dogs where fur comes off in your hand while you are petting them!). Clearly she was shedding a lot more than I thought!

I haven't been brave enough to let her loose in the girl's bedrooms... and bathrooms have too many nooks and crannys - but still - it's saving me MASSIVE time in vacuuming (oh, who am I kidding - I was TERRIBLE at regular vacuuming) - it's not saving me time - it's gifting me with a pet hair free (almost) environment!

Mo is even getting accustomed to her schedule (not that she'll stay in the same room with it!)

It's amazing how motivated everyone is to keep the rest of the house neat when the floors are clean!

Now... if only I could figure out how to get it to clean my bathrooms!!!

No comments: