Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

Hope you all are having a blessed Easter!

The girls served the Easter Vigil Mass last night - Fr. John tried to light Annie on fire, and Annie worked harder than she ever has before because of the multiple calls to "Let Us Pray". Her book holding arms got tired!! Emily handled the many changes in routine with ease - and if she messed up - nobody knew! It was strange to be at an Easter Vigil Mass where I didn't listen to my dad sing the Exultant - but when the girls were scheduled for Easter Vigil - I told my parents we'd just have to miss it this year! Fr. John sang the Exultant, and he did a wonderful job. I told him afterwards that I was singing along in my head (can't help it after the many years at the piano helping my Dad nail down every note!)

Having always been "away" for Easter Vigil (at my parents church - or a couple of year's ago at my Brother In Law's confirmation) - this was our first Vigil at our home parish. I was surprised at how lightly attended it was - being used to attending churches that are pretty full for this mass. But those that were there were enthusiastic, and celebrated Jesus' ressurection with gusto! My only regret? They didn't close Mass with my favorite Easter Hymn - "Jesus Christ is Risen Today" - I just love singing all those alleluias!

Because we had a full day of ice show rehearsals - we didn't have a proper dinner before Vigil. So we all went to the 8pm mass with empty stomachs - so at 10:30pm, when mass ended - we were all pretty STARVED - so we headed for Big Boy for an Easter celebration meal!

After the girls hit the sack- the Bunny got to work...


Here are the girls this morning, enjoying their "Bunny Spoils"!

They haven't come up for air yet! (Oh, and please ignore the early 70's decorating in our basement - we haven't updated it since we moved in! And, ignore the laundry baskets... proof that they are the last thing on my priority list!!!)

The Easter Bunny must have been eavesdropping at the April retreat when everyone was talking about how much fun Guitar Hero has been for their families!!

I'm just hoping that the girls give John and I a turn eventually! I wanna be a ROCK STAR!!!

No comments: