Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Holy Shmoly - Just had the "You Know What" Scared Outta Me

Almost midnight - sitting on the couch at my laptop - J napping in the chair with his laptop on his lap, and I hear the back door to the porch rattle, and Mo alerts and starts growling.

I figure - "It's just the wind" - It does it all the time - catches the door, makes it rattle, freaks the dog out. So we tell Mo - "It's OK"

Quiet again... and then - I hear something ON THE BACK PORCH.

Mo barks
I shout "J - SOMEONE'S IN OUR BACK PORCH" (OK, I didn't shout J - I shouted his whole name)

J leaps out of his nap, springs to the back door, I flip on the light, and there was our masked intruder....

You got it - a big fat raccoon trying to get into our garbage can.

Our almost brand new concrete (little more than a year old) has cracked and heaved at the back door - so we can hardly open and close the door. I've been leaving it stuck open. Yesterday, my mom remarked that it was a good way to get mice.
Well Mom - we got something decidedly BIGGER than a mouse.

I should have known it couldn't be a person out there - the door doesn't open wide enough for a person to squeeze through - just dogs and racoons.

Anyway - J banged on the doorwall - scared the coon out of the porch and then went out and shut the door so he wouldn't re-enter.

Mo of course, ran away, until we had safely chased the intruder away - and then came back and made a big show of sniffing all around and protecting us.

We know better Mo - you are a SCAREDY-DOG!

Now if only my heartrate will return to normal!

No comments: