Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'm Cooking Dinner - for the 2nd Night in a Row!


Now, for some of you, that might not be a reason to celebrate - but the last three weeks has just been a whirlwind of rehearsals (Ice Show, Musical, Access Broadway, Honors Band) performances, and traveling - and more than my not having time to cook (which has been the case) we haven't all been home at the same time to EAT in three weeks!

So, I'm celebrating the simple things - Last night I made sloppy joes (OK, I didn't say I was cooking GOURMET meals!!) and A tried them for the first time in years, and declared them "allright". She ate her whole joe - so they can't have been too bad!!

Since she went out of her comfort zone for me last night and tried something new - tonight I'm making her absolute favorite! Her Uncle Brian's "Beef Stroganoff". It's cooking away in the crock pot - and there it will cook until dinner time. By then, the house should just smell perfectly yummy!!

Here's the (really simple) recipe - courtesy of Uncle Brian

2 lbs stew beef - cubed
1 family size can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can of Beef Broth
1 package of Lipton Onion Soup
(OK, Brian hates onions, and doesn't put this in when he makes it - but he told me that it might be a nice addition for a family that likes onions... and we do - so I put it in - only today - I'm out of lipton onion soup - so I just threw in some "Savory Seasoning" and some "Minced Onions" from the spice cupboard, and hope it works!!)

Cook all day in the crock pot on low

1/2 hour before serving - ladle out several ladles of the "juice" and whisk it together with a pint of Sour Cream and return to the pot for 30 minutes.

Serve over Egg Noodles.

I'll take another photo of the finished dish tonight!!

No comments: