Monday, April 21, 2008

Mom - You're taking a picture of Dinner AGAIN???


My family thinks I'm crazy, taking pictures of dinner again this week - but I have another recipe I wanted to share!! And I cooked again... so heck, I have to blog about it, right?

Tonight I made "Saucy Parmesan Chicken"

I pulled the recipe out of one of the Kraft Food & Fun magazines that they will send you for free if you sign up on their website. They plug all kinds of Kraft foods - but the recipes I've cut out and made from this magazine have all been very good! (To get your subscription - go to kraftfoods.com - and no, this is not a paid endorsement!)

So, here's how you make it:

4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (I buy full sized breasts from one of our local stores with great meat counters, and then I cut them up - 1 full sized breast (both halves) I can turn into four servings. I buy when it's on sale, cut it up and freeze it, and thaw it for when I need it!)

1/4 cup Kraft Light Zesty Italian Reduced Fat Dressing (OK I use exactly that- but any italian dressing would probably work!)

1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese (again mag and I both use Kraft - but other brands probably would work too!)

You put everything into a ziplock bag, coat all the breasts well, and lay flat in the fridge for 30 minutes (while you preheat your oven to 425 degrees)

When oven is heated - place chicken on a baking sheet (I line it with foil for easy clean up) and bake for 20 minutes.

That's it! Easy Schmeezy Japaneezy - and everyone likes it!

I made up a vegetable fried rice dish that I had in the freezer from Market Day, and I heated up a can of green beans, and chopped up a quick salad. Voila - dinner!!

PS: No word yet on the van - hopefully I'll know tomorrow if I need to start car shopping again - or if I need to look for a rental car while they fix.


No comments: