Monday, April 28, 2008

Whaddya think of an Orange Van?

Got word this morning that my van is a Total Loss - and so I'm shopping for a new car now... going to test drive (not that I reallly need to test it!) another 08 Dodge Grand Caravan - but this time, I'm looking at ORANGE ones. :-) We'll see if I still like it after I see it in person tomorrow!

Made dinner again tonight - and so I've got another recipe to share - again out of the Kraft Food & Family magazine!

Farmhouse Chicken Dinner - and I discovered a new trick - instead of retyping the recipe here - I
can link to the recipe over on the Kraft website!! My photo was taken before I made the cheese sauce, and plated it over the rice. As usual, I had to make a few substitutions - I made white rice instead of brown, and I used the regular Philly Cream Cheese - because that's what I had in the house! OH - and I didn't have an onion - so I just sprinkled some dried minceed onions on top - and that added the onion flavor. One other note - smaller carrots would have cooked better in the time allotted. Mine were still very crunchy.

It was a big hit - even A liked it (although I didn't put the sauce on hers!) I will make this again sometime!

Finally, I want to congratulate our Goddaughter, B on her 1st Communion! We drove down to Ohio to be there! She made her 1st communion at the same church where I made mine 34 years ago! It was a fun, albiet short, trip - and it was good to see all our adopted family there!

Spring is springing everywhere - and I will be so disappointed if my Apple Tree and my Wisteria decide to bloom while I'm in Novi next week! It's going to be a great year for the Wisteria - I see lots and lots of bloom buds! If you've never smelled Wisteria - you should - smells like grapes - YUMMY! I love how my yard smells when everything blooms!

Posting may be very light over the next couple of weeks - the convention is in just 10 days!!


1 comment:

Stacy said...

Ooooh...I LOVE the orange van!! I had a "Fusion Orange Metallic" loaded-up Grand Prix and LOOOOVED it! I was super sad when I had to trade it in for my Envoy last year, it was my favorite car EVER. I say GO FOR IT!! That is, unless you can find a lime green and purple van...then my vote goes to that one! ;-) (hey, don't Dodge Chargers come in those colors??!! now THERE is an idea!!)