Thursday, June 12, 2008

Catching Up

Well... this is it - the last day of school!! The past couple of weeks have been filled with Awards ceremonies, final band concerts, and lots of studying!

Yesterday I accompanied A and the sixth grade to the Wave Pool - that was lots of fun - it was a great day for it! I lapped the lazy river four times!! The only downer was that I developed this terrible toothache yesterday - and the pain would come and go in waves - I couldn't predict what would set it off, or how long it would last. Finally, by the time we got home, it hurt so badly I was crying. John sent me off to the Dentist - who didn't find anything MAJOR. He filed down the painful tooth a bit to improve the bite, prescribed some antibiotics, and gave me license to take 800mg of ibuprofen every 6 hours. Well, the waves of pain are coming less frequently, and marginally less intensely. I hope that will do it - they took x-rays and didn't see anything wrong inside the tooth - so keep your fingers crossed.... because when the pain kicks in - the whole left side of my face hurts. argh.

E starts driver's ed in an hour! Her finals end at noon, and then at 12:30 she goes to her first class! s-c-a-r-y. School may be out for her, but she's just gearing up for a busy few days! Tomorrow, she has Driver's Ed - followed by Freshman Mini-Camp - followed by the first Dance Team tryout clinic. Saturday is the 2nd Freshman Mini-Camp - and Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings are more clinics, and finally the try-out.

Both girls had a great 2nd semester - and took home several awards from their respective awards nights. We learned that until E is a Senior - we're going to duck out of the Awards night after she gets her awards... it's a LONG night otherwise - and it really is dedicated more to the Seniors. A HAD to duck out of her awards night early - she had her last Tap class before the recital!

No pics to post... I dragged the camera to the water park, and then never took it out, and we sat so stinkin' far back at the awards nights, that the pictures are terrible.... and I'm not sure E would ever forgive me if I showed up at Driver's Ed to take pictures!!! (But it would be funny, wouldn't it?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha. No. It wouldn't be funny.

:-)