Friday, June 20, 2008

Watch Out World.... Here she comes!!!

This was it... the big day!!! The first official driving lesson! Oh, yeah - we've had some unofficial ones - back and forth to the Middle School parking lot - and around and around it (it's deserted - it's SUMMER!) But this was the first official time - with the official teacher, and the official "I'm learning how to drive" signs all over the car! E and her buddy and driving partner M didn't completely object to the fact that I was there, armed with a camera to commemorate this milestone - although I did stand across the parking lot and zoom in - to make it a little less mortifying for them!


Then, I got all sneaky - and I pulled around the building (they meet at a BK to switch drivers, etc.) and lay in wait - for my baby to come driving around the building. She didn't even know I took the photo!! She texted me after she was done, and M was behind the wheel... "I did it!!! I'm still alive!!" whew! If all goes as planned - she'll have her permit by the Fourth of July!!

No comments: