Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilightopia

When I should have been tucked in my bed... when E should have been tucked in her bed, because she still has an early morning at school tomorrow (well, I guess today at this point!), we were at the theater, along with every other teenaged girl in the metro area!!

That's right, we were at the midnight premier of Twilight... and we had no trouble staying awake, and I'd even say it was worth the $9.50 a ticket!

The film adaptation is very true to the book, and although some details are cut (how could they not!) the flow of the story is not affected. It's already set up for the sequel. Twilight fans will not be disappointed - I wasn't!

I do have to say, though, that the actor that plays Edward Cullen reminds me JUST ENOUGH of my nephew TIII that I had trouble mooning over Edward... but my daughter was able to set aside images of her cousin and see Edward for Edward!

In analyzing the 2am crowd post-movie - I would guess it was 80% teen girls, 5% moms, and 15% boys - most of whom I'm guessing were dragged there by girlfriends! While there was lots of giggling and carrying on during the trailers - once the movie started - the theater became hushed - and only erupted a couple of times during the movie - usually in appreciation for a kissing scene!

If you haven't read the books - I recommend you do - and then take yourself out to see the movie - you won't regret it!

1 comment:

Amy said...

We loved it, too! Although I must say, Jasper was my favorite. I guess I like the silent type. :)