Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I've spent my morning baking Apple Pies! Heading to my parents in about an hour to enjoy a Thanksgiving feast - capped off with some homemade pie! If you are interested in my recipe - I posted it last November - here's the link.

So - I started this post this morning when the pies were in the oven - but then got distracted into the hustle and bustle of getting ready to go - and left it sitting here all day.

I wanted to do a list of what I am grateful for - so before the day is completely over - here goes my list:

- I'm thankful for this blog - I completely let the 1st anniversary of posting pass me by - it was the 16th of this month... I can't believe I've kept this fairly regularly updated for a year. I guess my experiment was successful!

- I'm thankful for my family - even when they are in my way in the kitchen when I'm baking pies! Actually, they were a big help in the pie department today!

- I'm thankful for J, my husband. I love him more today than I did 18 years ago when I said I Do.... and I wouldn't have thought that possible... because I was pretty well smitten back then!

- I'm thankful for E and A, my wonderful daughters, who make me laugh far more often than any other emotion - and I'm grateful that we have been able to remain close, even through these teenage years.

- I'm thankful for my parents, who we visited today. My dad's health issues loom larger and larger, but he is certainly an example of how to keep going, and how to approach even the worst times in life with a sense of humor. My mom -- I'm so thankful to have such a great relationship with her, and can only hope that E & A and I have as great a relationship throughout their adulthood.

- I'm thankful for John's parents, who we missed today! I'm so grateful to have "in-laws" that I truly love!

- I'm thankful for my huge family - who was pretty scattered this Thanksgiving - but whom we will see several times in the coming holiday season - I have the greatest siblings, and the cutest and smartest nieces and nephews ever!!

- I'm thankful for our home - our little ranch that was just supposed to be our "starter" home - which looks like it will be our "finisher" as well! It brought us into a community where we have made great friends, whom I am also very thankful for.. (Posse, you know who I mean!)

- I'm thankful for John's job, which is not dependent upon the auto industry - which is in such dire straights, and I pray for all those whose jobs are in jeopardy this year.

I could probably think of lots more - but it's late, and this hits the big ones.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: