Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Party

Both girls had a 1/2 day for Halloween, as it was the end of the card marking. E got the brilliant idea that we should host a party for she and A and their "closest" friends! I think in the end we had close to 20 HS and MS kids at the house all afternoon and evening... and while some might think I was crazy to agree to this... I can tell you that all the kids had a great time, and so did I! I was able to "infiltrate" the party, by posing as a photographer... and pretty soon I was laughing as hard as the kids. By the end of the night, I was thanking them all for letting me "play" with them.

I took over 300 photos - and then the photo scavengers added more to take me up to over 400 photos of this party! I just picked one representative photo of each activity to share with all of you!

Things got off to a slow start - we fed everyone pizza and salad for lunch, and then the HS kids all disappeared to the basement to watch a movie (yes, it was a bit cozy down there!) The MS kids decided to record a video (which will probably be making an appearance on A's youtube account sometime soon). They hosted the "Reekus and Smelly" talk show, and I'm not sure how, but they convinced several of the HS students to come up from the movie and be their "guests". I didn't take photos of this - but, I'm sure I'll be able to link the video in soon!


When the movie ended, I enlisted one of E's friends to motivate everyone to come upstairs and go outside (it was an absolutely GORGEOUS October day) and everyone played the "eat a donut off a string" game. Here's A, being fairly successful with her donut!



Then the MS kids kept things rolling by taking the galvanized tub and washing and filling it for apple bobbing. Once two of the HS guys carried the full tub into the backyard - it was bobbing time! It took E a few tries - but she finally got her apple!


The next activity was completely spontaneous. One of the guys was dressed as Darth Vader, and one of the gals (who just lives 2 doors down) thought that they ought to have toy light sabers - so off she went to "borrow" her brother's. Pretty soon the backyard was filled with 15 and 16 year old boys having highly choreographed, and acrobatic light saber battles! We all laughed ourselves silly!


Next up was the "Balloon Battle". Two teams - one orange and one black, battled to see who could keep from having their balloons popped! This took place on the circle in front of our house, and drew many of our neighbors out to watch - especially as the first trick-or-treaters were starting to arrive!


The whole gang poses for a photo, before once again dividing into two teams (Team Edward and Team Jacob.... we have a group a little obsessed with Twilight!) and heading out for the Trick-or-treat photo scavenger hunt! They all had a great time with this, as did the neighbors who dug up raisins and warned them "don't eat these", and posed for all sorts of pictures! My favorites are each teams photo that fulfilled the requirement "Take a photo at a house with scary decorations"! They each found different houses, and took great photos!

Team EdwardTeam Jacob

No comments: