Friday, November 16, 2007

A Personal Space...

I posted a few "personal" type posts over on the Mega Meet Blog - and it always felt strange. It's supposed to be a business blog - do those people actually care about my kids and family? Probably not much....

So, I've been thinking, and pondering, and contemplating starting a second blog to post all about Life with the Griswold's (yeah - while sometimes it seems like we're living in a National Lampoon Comedy -we're just a normal family!)

So, to introduce you to my cast of characters:

I'm Kate - I own Scrapbooks Mega Meet, LLC, and produce the Great Lakes Mega Meet Scrapbook Convention, and several retreats, and other fun events! I've been doing this since 2000 - without a 2nd job since 2003. I also have a web design business, Kaleidoscope Concepts! I love to scrapbook, but have no desire to be published (other than on the Mega Meet Gallery, where I like to show off my stuff) I also love to read, and try to squeeze in books whenever I can. A little known fact about me is that I figure skate - not well - only been skating for 3 years - but I find it fun and relaxing.

I'm married to J - he's my soul mate. Loves me despite my faults! He's a great Dad, and one of the smartest people I know. He's a computer guru, and works in our basement because his company is several states away from our home.

We have 2 kids - E the teen and A the pre-teen. Neither one drives yet - so I'm Mom the Taxi Driver!! E is my Skater, JV dancer, Band Geek, perfectionist child. A is my Singer, Actress, Dancer, sometime Skater, reluctant Band Geek, and free spirit child.

Well, I plan to start out by inviting family and friends to keep up with me via this self-indulgence, and we'll see where things go. As my English teachers always used to tell me "You should keep a Journal!" I've never really had the discipline. Let's see if this new medium helps me be more disciplined!

1 comment:

Kevin Griswold, D.C. said...

What a beautiful and talented family! So now you are adding "blogger" to your descriptions as well? Wow. What will your first subject be?