Sunday, November 25, 2007

Visiting my Hometown

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketAfter Thanksgiving, we piled into the car on Friday morning (all of us - including the dog!) To go back to my hometown in Ohio, to visit my friend Shari, who I've known ever since she was born, and I was 2 years old! We grew up as next door neighbors, and shirt tail relatives (she's my cousin's cousin). We stayed close after I moved up to Michigan, and throughout our college years, and now as adults and parents. We love email - it has made keeping up with each other a lot less expensive! (We paid our own long distance bills in high school and college - and even wrote snail mail letters all the time!)

So, Friday we just took it easy - ordered Pizza in, and just hung out - looked at each other's scrapbooks, (oh, yeah - I totally sucked her into my hobby!!) and at photos that aren't yet scrapped on our computers! The guys watched the Arkansas, LSU game, hoping for an Arkansas win, to boost OSU's standings.

Saturday, Shari and I headed to the grocery store (hee hee - we do this to each other every time - don't go shopping until we're already here!! - it's great - we get some alone gabbing time - we don't really care that it's in the grocery!!)

Then we decided to take the kids to this new outdoor mall "The Greene" and visit Santa (what a hoot - my kids haven't been to visit Santa in years. I sorta had to convince A that her coolness factor wouldn't be adversly affected!) They had all the Christmas decorations up, and a brass quartet - all very festive!!

We then piled all of us into the Movie theater to see "Enchanted" - how fun was that movie? I recommend it to all romantics! Although, the price to take a family to the movies - even to a matinee - YIKES!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketThe poochies got along great - Mo and Wilbur (their new puppy) had a great time playing together all weekend. We took a pic of the two cute black doggies playing tug of war!

No comments: