Thursday, November 29, 2007

New Phone!!!


Isn't it pretty - and doesn't every girl need more Chocolate in her life?

It was way past time for our "new every 2" (more like 4 or 5!!) and my old phone was starting to crack at the hinge. A's Disney Mobile phone was being cut off at the end of the year - so we ALL (yep the entire Griswold clan) ordered new phones earlier this week.

The three eldest Griswold's all got their phones yesterday - and spent some serious playtime on them last night - when we should have been doing homework, and regular work, and sleeping. You know, that kind of stuff.

The poor youngest Griswold - well, the folks at Verizon apparantly choked on the Disney transfer request (well, their system did anyway) and after much backing and forthing of email and telephone calls, her order has been reprocessed (we hope) and should be here soon. Meanwhile, she has new phone envy.

Me? I've been a ringtone making fool! First I found this site, that let's me upload my own music to make clips - which I then put on my Micro SD card (yep, J bought us all those to go in our new phones - sometimes it's great to be married to a geek!) - but here's the nutty part - I had to send the sound clip to E, and then she had to send it BACK to me, so that I could save it as a ringtone. Argh. BUT - instead of $2.99 to download a ringtone from Verizon (which are all songs by artists I don't know... I'm OLD!!!) It only cost me $.30 in text charges (E has the unlimited because she's seriously addicted to texting - so her receiving/sending was free - but mine were $.15 each)

The upside is - I have highly individualized clips for each member of my family. E wanted to know how I would remember who was who - but I told her that I picked stuff so RELATED to the person -that I would always know. For instance - J's is Habie Sie Gehurt das Deutsche Band from The Producers - and seeing as how we had a running joke where I implanted that song worm in his head at every opportunity for several months (yes, I'm evil) I'll NEVER forget that when I hear that ring that it's J calling me.

Or E - I did a clip from Elvis' "Jailhouse Rock" - her National Showcase Title winning song - like I could ever forget THAT!!! And, well, A - I named her after a famous Broadway Musical, and I just used the song that has her name in it - a lot!!

So... then, my friend Cara told me about this OTHER site - that has ringtones that others have created as well - and I'm SO going to download the Darth Vadar "I am your father" clip to be Barb's ringtone!!

So, off to have more fun with my new toy - um - I mean phone!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I have that same phone! I had no idea you could create your own ringtones! I guess I should have read the manual...lol.