Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Ash Wednesday

Well, the wintry weather is keeping me from Ash Wednesday services. The discussion this week at our house has centered around "What are you giving up for Lent?". In the past the girls have given up soda or candy. I gave up Diet Coke one Lent.... that wasn't very pretty.

I've been thinking a lot about what I'm going to give up. I think I'm going to try to give up losing my patience. With J and with the kids. Especially this time of year, with convention plans in full swing, I tend to have a shorter fuse. I'm going to work REALLY hard at lengthening it. At appreciating the people who love me the most.

I know I won't be perfect - but I'll be trying - so I should be better.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Patience seems to be a popular virtue this year for lent... it also happens to be what I am focusing on this year and another friend of mine as well. Take a deep breathe! :-)