Monday, February 11, 2008

Sunny California!


The end of last week is kind of a blur - I had lots of work to do to get ready for this trip to CHA in California.

Yesterday, Tara and I spent 13 hours travel time to get here. (Because, apparantly, I'm a cheap-a** and wanted to save $100 - so it took us THREE flights to get to CA!)

Because I was in and out of airports all day, I missed E's first JV Dance team competition - but great news! Their team took 2nd place in their division... doesn't she look ecstatic! Can't wait for the next one - which I'll actually be IN TOWN for! (BTW - it is supposed to be 80's rocker hair)



The weather here is wonderful - the best it's ever been in the 5 times I have been here for conventions. Too bad I packed for the weather we had the last 4 years.

Today was EXTREMELY productive on the show floor. Lined up some great new classes for the GLMM. Can't give too much away about that just yet!!

I've been waiting practically all year for tonight - when I got to return to Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney for dinner. Last year I had "dirty rice" for the very first time - and OMG - I fell in love with this New Orleans classic! So... I took ALL kinds of photos - but none of that fabled "dirty rice"!



Tara, Cara and I went out with my friend Barb, and her new business partner - Trish (who I've known ALMOST as long as Barb, and is my friend too!) Of course, after a long day walking the show floor - every girl needs a little refreshment!



We have to finish up our business on the show floor tomorrow - as we travel home on Tuesday - but with the kind of progress we made today - we're in great shape!!

Well - I better hit the sack for some shut-eye!

No comments: