Monday, February 18, 2008

Hawaii - Day Two

Hawaii - Day Two Day Two....
We took a tour of the North Shore and the Dole Pinapple Plantation. My mouth is still a bit raw from the amount of pineapple I ate! We took the pineapple express out into the pineapple fields.

The tour then took us up to the North Shore - and were able to get out and watch some of the awesome winter waves. Emily took this great shot of John and I with the wave breaking behind us! (See the Red Flags? They didn't stop the surfers!!)

We then stopped for some awesome farmed shrimp at a little shack by the side of the road! We also stopped at a little place where you could get coconut milk and macadamia nuts. Mom said they even had some scrapbook supplies! (I missed them)

On our way back to Honolulu - we took a mountain road that afforded us a great view of one of the many lush valleys on Oahu. I got this great shot of John and Em.

Regrettably - our tour that was supposed to end by 2pm, didn't get back until nearly 4pm - messing up the surfing lessons we had arranged for the girls at 3pm. They still had a great time at the beach, and we capped off our final night on Oahu with dinner at the Shore Bird, overlooking the ocean.

Just as we were sitting down - Dad spotted humpback whales breaching just offshore! So cool!!! I wasn't able to get any good photos though - it was too far off. We also got to watch the sunset off the beach while we were at dinner.

I had a "chick drink" and thought of all my friends! Aloha!

Tomorrow we fly to the Big Island of Hawaii for the remainder of our stay. I'll try to blog from there as well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting sharing! It looks like you're having a blast. It's so cold here, but just looking at the pictures warms me up a little!

Here's to hoping it's sunny and warm in Hawaii 2020!!

-Anne