Wednesday, January 23, 2008

3-Turns

Are finally becoming my friends. 2 weeks in a row, I've had some good ones. Still need about a million hours of practice... but maybe (just maybe) I'll finally take a figure skating test!!

For the non-skaters - a 3-turn is turning from forward to backward on one foot on a specified edge (in this case, my outside edges). It's called a 3-turn, because the tracing it makes on the ice looks like the number 3.

Good day on the ice today. My coach says my spirals are higher too. (Spirals are skating on one foot - with your other leg straight out behind you. It's supposed to be parallel to the ice or higher. I'm finally hitting parallel, or close to it, with some consistency)

I even had another coach tell me that I looked like a real skater with one move today! (That means that it looked effortless!!)

No comments: