Thursday, January 10, 2008

Random Musings

This photo illustrates how something so little can be such a pain in the you know what! With this crazy weather (blizzard/thunderstorm/blizzard) our basement has been flooding. Now, when I say flooding - I don't mean a wading pool - but I do mean water bubbling up through the squishy carpet when you walk on it. We've been sucking it up in our rainbow and dumping it as fast as it comes in.

We've had 2 basement companies out - and we'll be having some work done next week to hopefully stop the flow. In the meantime - all the work we did to clean the basement? Let's just say it's pretty much a mess right now. Pray for dry weather between now and when they do the work - right now we aren't having to suck up water! (However the dehumidifier is still doing double time!)

On a happier note - these shoes make me happy! I bought them with some of my Christmas money! They are the Crocs "Mammoth". The furry lining makes them warm like slippers - but the solid sides means that I can run out to get the kids from school without having to change my shoes. I love, love, love these shoes. I also like that they are pink ;-)


Changing the subject yet again... last weekend was the annual GLMM Holiday party. We had a great time scrapbooking together! Thought I'd share my favorite layout that I made that day. Not very complex, but I love the subject matter!
Also, I put up some of A's other vocal videos for those who haven't gotten to see her sing. They also show her progression through the years - you can see all the videos (plus a couple of E skating) on my Youtube Channel.

No comments: