Monday, January 28, 2008

I Hab a Code

I hab a code id by dose. (I have a cold in my nose)

Been laying around wishing I felt better all day. I pretty much drugged my way through it this weekend, but today, trying to sleep it off. (I've done a lot of snoozing, and it's still not gone yet!!)

Anyway - I promised skating news of the weekend. As always, we had a great time at the competition. I think it's my favorite - because it's close to home, but because it's not our home club, I just get to enjoy it - I don't have to work!
On Saturday E skated her Short Program and came in 4th out of 9 - she was really happy with that result - as we did not expect it to be so high.
A skated her Freestyle - and ended up 7th out of 7. She was a great sport about the whole thing - she knew going in that we had moved her up a level, and that she might not do that well. They used to have a level in between where she's been skating, and earning medals, and the level she skated this weekend - but they are making some changes - and that "in between" level has kind of disappeared! She was still disappointed - but she really skated her program well - she worked really hard with her coach - and really took all her advice to heart, and put out one of her best skates!

Sunday is "Showcase" day - which if you know us, you know that we love the Showcase event - it blends two things we love - skating and theater!! A skated her "You Can't Get a Man with a Gun" routine, and was fabulous! She won the Gold Medal for her skate!
E debuted her new program. It's the one we hope to take to Nationals this summer - and this was to get it out, see how it ran under pressure, and to go back and tweak. Well, it went over quite well! E also won the Gold Medal for her skate!
Additionally, E skated in the interpretive event again - it's a fun event with very little prep, and low pressure - you choreograph your own program to the music that you hear only 3 times before you skate to it! E won the silver medal!




No comments: