Saturday, December 29, 2007

More Christmas

More Christmas ImagesWell, I meant to post again sooner than this - but the week has been busy - and frankly - I've been so caught up in enjoying the moments, I didn't whip the camera out very much! I don't much enjoy scrapping Christmas photos anyway - so it's OK. But I am sharing a few that I did manage to take!

I uploaded a collage into my last post - to show the chaos of all the kids opening at my parents house! The collage here are photos from Christmas Eve at the Griswold's. The baby is my new great-nephew J! Also, note the lights that my dh and his bro put up as a birthday surprise for their mom! And, a photo of the turducken.... let me just say - it was YUMMY. There were not very many leftovers from that bird within a bird within a bird!

Christmas Day was at our house - and I didn't even take ONE SINGLE PHOTO of Christmas morning... bad mommy! So I have no photos to show you the girls' thrilled faces when they opened their big gifts of iPod Classics! The afternoon was spent regulating computer time, as they share a computer and both wanted to load stuff on their iPod's right away! The iPods were a huge hit - both girls are just loving them!! My parents and my aunt joined us for Roast Beast for Christmas dinner - and I pulled out my good China! It was a great day!

Boxing Day was skating day - as we all had back to back to back lessons - and then the girls and I went out to lunch and shopping with gift cards! We hit Borders, and I picked up the new Ken Follett book - and I picked up the old one too - as it had been 20 years, and I read my mom's copy back then. I proceeded to spend 18 hours (not continuously - but almost) re-reading The Pillars of the Earth. GREAT BOOK. I'm saving the new one, World Without End, for my upcoming plane trips to CA and to HI.

The girls slept over/or had sleep overs here - the 26th and 27th - and spent lots of time with friends! Last night we finally reconvened as a family, and went downriver to take J's parents out to their favorite restaurant for dinner. His bro's family also joined us - and we got to see my neice and grand-nephew one more time before they head back to New York today.

Well... off to prep the house for our annual New Year's Party!!! More posts later!

No comments: