Friday, December 14, 2007

This is what 12 looks like!

OMG, OMG you guys... my baby is TWELVE today.

How can you be 12 already? Wasn't it just yesterday that I spent an all nighter at the hospital giving birth, and J was conked out next to me in a chair fast asleep, and I was on the phone with my friend Kim, who I knew would be up early, and wouldn't mind talking to me, with all my adreneline pumping after birthing a 2nd beautiful baby girl!!

You, my original girl... who waited just a few hours to have your own unique birthday - not 12/13 to follow the family pattern of 3/4, 6/7 and 7/8 - but 12/14 - becoming a one day late birthday present for your Grandmom! You, my original girl, who decided while I was writing the annual Christmas letter to start bouncing on my cervix - not 30 minutes after I remarked to your dad... well, there's a blizzard coming - this baby can wait until the snowstorm is over to come (I guess that was all the invitation that you needed.) You, my original girl, who's coming forced the baby doc out of bed and to the hospital at 1am. (I tried to tell him to schedule your c-section for 12/13 - but he insisted on 12/21 - and so he got to lose a night's sleep for not listening to this mama's intuition!!)

Your first visitors were your big sister and your Grandpa - who came to stay with big sis when we called to say - "Hey, this original girl has decided to make her grand entrance, NOW"

You were my best Christmas present ever... and you still are. I love you, my original girl.

So, here's the shirt her sister got for her to wear today:


And here are her new shoes - that have been on her list for months:

We did a small celebration last night - as today is school, and another "Alice In Wonderland" show tonight. We are taking 5 dozen Krispy Kremes to the theater tonight to celebrate with the cast and crew!!

OMG, OMG you guys - next year on this date - I'll be the mother of TWO teenage girls. It's enough to give me palpitations.


No comments: